Hakusan, Japan, July 18, 2013 – EIZO Corporation (TSE: 6737) today announced the release of one 21.3-inch and two 19-inch square monitors. The 21.3-inch monitor is the FlexScan S2133 and the 19-inch monitors are the FlexScan S1923 and FlexScan S1903. All three monitors come with LED backlights and other energy-saving features making them ideal for large and small offices that require a traditional square design. With its large screen size, the FlexScan S2133 is also suitable for control rooms and CAD (computer-aided design).
All three monitors have LED backlights for low power consumption of 16 watts or less during typical operation and just 0.5 watts in power save mode. They are also easy on the eyes. An ambient brightness sensor called Auto EcoView and a preset mode called Paper mode lower the monitors’ brightness and color temperature respectively to reduce the blue light output which can cause eye fatigue.
Several other presets including sRGB and Custom (user-defined settings) modes are available with all models. The user can toggle between modes manually in the OSD menu or automatically by using the bundled ScreenManager Pro for LCD software (Windows 8, 7 and Vista compatible) to assign a mode to each application.
These models comply with stringent international standards for power consumption, the environment, and ergonomics like EPEAT Gold, Energy Star 6.0, and TCO Certified Displays 6.0.
All models come with a five-year manufacturer’s warranty*. This is two years longer than the three-year warranty of most monitor brands and contribute to a low total cost of ownership.
The FlexScan S2133, S1923, and S1903 include the following features:
- 21.3-inch screen with 1600 x 1200 native resolution (4:3 aspect ratio).
- IPS (in-plane switching) LCD panel with 178° viewing angle.
- 420 cd/m2 brightness.
- A stand with 82 mm height adjustment, 40° tilt, 70° swivel, and portrait mode viewing.
- DisplayPort, DVI-D 24 pin, and D-Sub mini 15 pin inputs.
- USB hub with one upstream and two downstream ports.
- 6 ms gray-to-gray response time for smooth display of video.
FlexScan S1923 and FlexScan S1903
- 19-inch screen with 1280 x 1024 native resolution (5:4 aspect ratio).
- 250 cd/m2 brightness.
- EyeCare mode that lowers brightness to 3 cd/m2 to help reduce eye fatigue in dimly-lit offices.
- A Stand with 100 mm height adjustment, 30° tilt, 70° swivel, and portrait mode viewing is available for both models. A basic stand with 30° tilt is also available for the FlexScan S1903.
- DVI-D 24 pin, and D-Sub mini 15 pin inputs.
- Dual 0.5 watt internal speakers and a headphone jack.
- Compatibility with older graphics boards that output a sync-on-green signal.
- VA (vertical alignment) LCD panel with 178° viewing angle for the FlexScan S1923.
- TN (twisted neumatic) LCD panel with 170°/160° viewing angle for the FlexScan S1903.
All three monitors are now shipping. Date of availability varies so please contact the EIZO subsidiary or distributor in your country for details.
Founded in 1968, EIZO Corporation is a leading global manufacturer of high-end visual display products. The image quality, long-term reliability, and innovative features of EIZO monitors make them the products of choice in many financial trading rooms, back offices, hospitals, air traffic control centers, and design studios throughout the world. EIZO is based in Japan and listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. It is represented in over sixty countries by a network of group companies and exclusive distributors.
For more information, please contact:
Hakusan, Ishikawa 924-8566
Phone: +81 76 277-6792
Fax: +81 76 277-6793
*The usage time is limited to 30,000 hours from the date of purchase.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. EIZO and FlexScan are registered trademarks of EIZO Corporation.