Hakusan, Japan, July 1, 2011– Eizo Nanao Corporation (TSE: 6737) today introduced the DuraVision FDH3601, a 4K x 2K monitor with a 36.4-inch screen. The DuraVision FDH3601 is targeted at markets that require large screen sizes and high resolutions such as air traffic control (ATC) and geophysical services.
The DuraVision FDH3601 uses an LCD panel that has viewing angles of 176° and exhibits minimal color shift so two or more people can view the screen at once. With 8.8 megapixels (4096 x 2160 native resolution) packed into the 36.4-inch screen, the monitor has a tight pixel pitch of 0.1995 mm for extremely detailed rendering of text and graphics.
The DuraVision FDH3601 includes two dual-link DVI-D and two DisplayPort connectors for connecting to up to four computers. The monitor also has a picture-by-picture function so signals from two of these connectors can be displayed at once. This makes the DuraVision FDH3601 an optimal replacement for traditional multiple-monitor setups. For example, in air traffic control it can be used as a primary control monitor to replace the 2K x 2K monitor and auxiliary monitors for a bezel-free viewing environment.
The DisplayPort connectors support up to 10-bit display* which allows the monitor to show 1.07 billion color simultaneously from a 16-bit look-up table. 10-bit display produces very subtle differences between similar grayscale and color tones without banding.
The DuraVision FDH3601 comes with EIZO's Digital Uniformity Equalizer (DUE) technology to compensate for the brightness and chroma discrepancies that are characteristic of all LCD panels.
The DuraVision FDH3601 is backed by a 2-year warranty that covers 24 hour/day usage to ensure continuous reliability in mission-critical environments such as ATC where it may always be in use. The monitor's mercury-free white LED backlight offers a longer service life than conventional CCFL backlights. To save energy and prevent unnecessary usage of the backlight, the DuraVision FDH3601 comes with an EIZO-developed presence sensor called EcoView Sense that detects the user's presence or absence and automatically prompts the monitor to enter sleep mode or resume normal operation accordingly.
- Five preset modes: sRGB, Text, and three customizable modes where users can input their preferred values for brightness, color temperature, and gamma.
- Gray-to-gray response time of 8 ms for smooth playback of moving images.
- On-screen button guide appears when using the control buttons for easy adjustment in dark work environments.
- Color-control settings for brightness, contrast, color temperature, gamma, hue, saturation, and gain via the on-screen display (OSD) menu.
- Ergonomic stand with 100 mm height adjustment, 25° tilt, and 344° swivel. The monitor can be removed from its stand and placed on a VESA-compatible mounting device.
- USB hub with one upstream and two downstream ports.
See product page for more details.
Eizo Nanao Corporation is a leading global manufacturer of high-end visual display products. The image quality, long-term reliability, and innovative features of EIZO monitors make them the products of choice in many financial trading rooms, hospitals, back offices, and design studios throughout the world. EIZO is based in Japan and represented in over sixty countries by a network of subsidiaries and exclusive distributors.
- All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. DuraVision and EIZO are registered trademarks of Eizo Nanao Corporation.
- A graphics board and software which support 10-bit output are necessary for 10-bit display.